Sunday, May 11, 2008

Trip to Kent, England and Paris, France!!


Our first place fell through so this is where we stayed in Kent, England:
This dainty 1890s Lodge is situated in private grounds (with off road parking) minutes outside the traditional historic English villages of Westerham & Brasted, home to Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965) & King Henry VIII (1491-1547) immediately beside Westerham Golf Club (see picture) with great road to airports & rail access to London.














So first things first:
Saturday-went to the London Temple-the grounds were so beautiful. Then roamed the village near our Lodge. Checked in to the Lodge then when out for some more sight seeing.
Sunday- Went on an adventure driving about, found a quaint English garden (in the middle of no where) they told us to check out the pub near by it was the best food any of us had ever had!! So yummy!!!
Monday-Bright and early Mom & Dad Veater took us to the Gatwick airport where we took the subway to the Chunnel which took us to PARIS!!! WOW!! it was amazing to think that I was really there. First-Louvre,


hotel, ate at cafe, Eiffel tower ate at cafe outside, walked the streets until midnight. Tuesday- Arc de triomphe, champs Elysees, cafe, shopping, Notre-dame, cafe, Luxembourg garden so many places we did not stop until we had to leave that night to go back to England.
Wednesday- LONDON! First-St. Paul's Cathedral, cafe, souvenir shopping, Tower of London, tower bridge, houses of parliament, Buckingham palace, Taxi experience through Hyde Park, Trafalgar square, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, I am sure I am leaving something out.

Thursday- Toured Heaver Castle and it's beautiful garden, water maze and so much more. Toured Winston Churchill's house.
Some time in there we went to the sea shore it had such an amazing sound of the water hitting against the rocks.
Friday-shop shop shop and explored some more. Believe it or not that is the very short version of our trip. We had so much fun!!
There are so many more pictures I am going to try and make a slide show for this blog. We were so excited to get back to our boys we missed them sooooo much!!!

9 comments:

Candice said...

So... Mike and Leah went to Europe and all we got were their 2 sick kids!!! LOL!! We're so jealous! Love you guys!

Dan and Michelle said...

We're glad you had a good trip! Tomorrow I'm disinfecting my three bathrooms due to some leakage from your boys! I'm not sure how they managed to pee on all the walls and floors of every bathroom in my house. LOL We had fun with Jake and Ryan. Looking forward to more pictures.

Colleen said...

Wow! It looks like you guys had an amazing time! I'm quite jealous!!!

Becks said...

Wow ~ it all looked amazing. How fun & romantic too ;) Can't wait to hear more! The boys looked like they had a fun time at the zoo while you were gone, as well!

Anonymous said...

Wow...looks like you guys had a wonderful trip & captured some great pictures! I'm sure you missed your boys, but what a great experience you must have had & the fun of creating this memory together. Who knows, maybe next trip you may be able to take your entire family with you....sister,brother-in-law, sister's in-laws, neices, nephews, grandparents etc. Just let us know, we'll be ready to pack anytime spur of the moment. Let's go!

Anonymous said...

This was a trip of a life time. No can take the memories away from. You look like you had so much fun. Maybe next time your dad and I can piggy back off your next trip. Love you guys.

leah said...

OH MY GOSH I can't even believe you went. It looks so wonderful.
We are so Jealous.

Darren and Natalie said...

Wow!!! How fun. You guys look great & it's good to be in touch again:)

Washington Family said...

Mike and Leah!!! i can't even believe it! Those pictures looked like movies!!! How wonderful I mean really so dreamy!! It looks like you had a blast!! I wanna go!!!